Capital Campaign Manager
Reports to: Executive Director and/or Capital Campaign Steering Committee
Fern Hollow Nature Center inspires people of all ages to appreciate the environment through educational programs and opportunities to discover the natural resources of the Sewickley Valley parks.
Founded in 1987, Fern Hollow is located on a 33-acre parcel of land owned by Sewickley Heights Borough. With over 10,000 visitors each year, the center’s programming includes hands-on environmental programs for local students in preschool-sixth grade, watershed programs for Quaker Valley high school and middle school students, children’s programs, family programs, adult programs, and nature-themed summer camps.
Our grounds feature a native tree walk, hiking trails, and the first Natural Outdoor Classroom in Pennsylvania and the 44th in the Nation. The classroom offers a play area made from natural materials, a community garden, and an apiary.
Fern Hollow Nature Center seeks a Capital Campaign Manager, a part-time, two plus year position responsible for implementing and completing a $1 million capital campaign. This effort will result in the renovation of our existing building, a 1,200-square-foot addition, and the building of a net zero or net zero-ready facility. The Capital Campaign Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, the Capital Campaign Steering committee, and the Board of Directors in carrying out a board-based fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations to support this initiative.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for campaign strategy, including establishing solicitation priorities, managing prospect lists, developing and executing targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for various projects, preparing and providing support to staff, board members, and volunteers for solicitation, and planning and managing cultivation events.
Status: Non-exempt position, 20-25 hours per week, competitive salary, vacation time, and holiday pay. Evening and weekend hours when requested
- Capital Campaign Strategy and Planning
- Help lead the strategy development and planning of the campaign, working collaboratively with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Steering Committee.
- Capital Campaign Management
- Implement and Manage the Capital Campaign
- Develop and manage campaign prospect lists, including research and tracking
- Recruit, train, and manage campaign volunteers
- Schedule and support capital campaign meetings
- Assist the Executive Director with managing the campaign budget
- Capital Campaign Reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Executive Director and the Capital Campaign Steering Committee
- Capital Campaign Communications
- Plan and implement cultivation and recognition events
- Collaborate with Executive Director and the Capital Campaign Steering Committee to develop the capital campaign, print, web, and social media communication materials
- Cultivation and Solicitation
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation plans
- Work with the Executive Director, members of the committee, and the board to cultivate prospects
- Refine and execute solicitation strategies
- Prepare and provide support to staff, board, and volunteers for solicitations
- Participate in solicitations
- Ensure donors are acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- Implement donor acknowledgment and recognition as appropriate
Desired Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiarity with non-profit setting
- Three years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success
- Experience managing capital campaign
- Direct development experience, including solicitation skills
- Experience in scheduling and staffing solicitation calls and conducting follow-up and stewardship
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills; capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, and donor/prospects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
*Fern Hollow’s Development and Communications Manager will assist the Capital Campaign Manager a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sam Capezzuto
or 1901 Glen Mitchell Road, PO Box 8, Sewickley, PA 15143